At Elpeeko we are proud to say we are one of the longest-serving printers in Lincolnshire. Established in 1905, our founder, Frenchman Monsieur Eugene Pierre Nicolas Kuhn-Regnier (we know it’s a bit of a mouthful), originally called the business The Lincoln Printing Company. It later changed its name to Elpeeko in 1933 and progressed to be a reputable business in Lincoln.
We started life off, quite uniquely producing catalogues in a number of languages (such as Russian, French, Portuguese and Spanish), for foundry and engineering companies who exported globally. Business then branched out into local magazines (one of which was set-up by Eugene himself), then onto directories and other business printed requirements.
As a business that survived both World Wars, Elpeeko survived difficult trading times, as well as a shortage in print and paper supplies, the miners’ strike in the 1970s, and a global oil crisis. The company came through the other side and continued to be a respected part of the Lincoln community.
Elpeeko invested in their first lithographic press in 1977 which opened the door to the production of four-colour printing. The Elpeeko design studio opened in the 1980s and has been hard at work ever since, and further investment into new technology during this period helped ensure the continuity of the company.
Throughout our history Elpeeko has always adapted to any change in circumstances, not only in regards to economic changes but also to technological developments, changing customer needs and the increase in local competition. But one thing that has always stayed the same is our commitment to our customers.